NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The Irish Arts Center is distributing 10,000 free books this St. Patrick’s Day.
The books will be distributed at locations all across New York City.READ MORE: Police: Man Stabbed In Head With Machete After Argument At Walmart In Kearny, N.J.
The move is an attempt to educate the public on the cultural contributions of Irish authors.
This year, the IAC is also teaming with El Museo del Barrio in the giveaway and will also include books by authors with American and Caribbean heritage.
“Each year Irish Arts Center Book Day celebrates the great literary tradition of Ireland and Irish America and the joy of reading with people of all backgrounds. This year, we are delighted to welcome El Museo del Barrio to join us in sharing great works by Irish and Caribbean writers,” said Rachael Gilkey of the IAC.READ MORE: Some Real Estate Agents Report Surge Of New Yorkers Moving From Manhattan To The Bronx
The book giveaways are taking place in the following locations:
– 110th & Lexington, outside 6 train station
– 72nd & Broadway, outside 1 train station
– Grand Central, southeast corner of 42nd & Park
– Church of the Holy Cross, 329 West 42nd
– Dekalb & Flatbush, outside B/Q station
– Parkside Avenue Plaza, outside Q station
– Roosevelt & 61st, southeast corner
– Jackson Heights post office, 78-02 37th Avenue
– Fordham Road & Webster Avenue, northeast corner
– St. George Terminal
For more information, click here.