NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A 4-year-old boy is set to be the youngest artist in 40 years to show at the ArtExpo New York.

Latest News Around New York

Advait Kolarkar of Pune, India has already sold 38 paintings.

His work has been described as “action painting grasped in a flurry of colors that breathe life into varied objects.”

His interest in art began when he was less than one, when he started playing with food coloring and made a mold on the kitchen floor.

ArtExpo New York is located at Pier 94 at West 55th Street and West Side Highway and runs through Sunday, Apr. 22.

Comments (17)
  1. ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ opened my eyes to the utter bullshet that the ‘art’ world is really all about. I urge everyone to just find it and see it.

2. oldclimber says:

Looks like something “constructed” after a long night of hard drinking and partying. Sans the color of course.

3. Jim M. Ryles says:

These are the same progressive liberal socialist morons telling us all how to live….

4. I had this idea 40 years ago, except my “4-yr old” was going to be from Mexico and blind.

5. My dog draged his but across the lawn yesterdy leaving the most naturalists art swirls ever seen, Swirls of poopidy doopers is the title.

6. looks like a 4 year old’s art

7. Surcho Meco says:

The Emperor started wearing this.

8. This says more about the deplorable taste in art than the dubious “talents” of a 4-year-old.

9. So…………art is just child’s play. I beg to differ. I just won a shared third place in an exhibition after 30 years of work. Hard work.

10. It’s so frustrating to spend years on learning anatomy, posing, lighting, etc, and then this Jackson Pollock type stuff is what sells. … What a load

11. Steve Dekker says:

The infantilism of the US.

Pathetic.

12. Dang, i flushed a masterpiece this morning.

13. David Kachel says:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, The Stupid Rich!!! These are the same morons who buy dead sharks in formaldehyde, pieces of string thumb-tacked to the wall, household appliances encased in plastic and canned human feces: all sold to The Stupid Rich by the same leftist morons who try to sell us “Marxist Utopias” and “Keynesian Economics !! This is why we should never give a stupid person a pass, simply because there is no cure for stupidity. Stupidity should be a felony!!!

14. Art is dead.
    Time to Nuke India.

15. Neal says:

This kind of bucks the trend of having to go to school and then spending years sweating and bleeding to earn your artistic talent. Who knew that anybody could do it??