NORTH BABYLON, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – A delivery driver accused of dragging a woman to her death and hitting another pedestrian faced a judge Tuesday.

Twenty-six-year-old Donnell Hicks, of Queens, was silent when CBS2’s Jenna DeAngelis asked if he had anything to say as Suffolk County police escorted him from the Sixth Precinct to his arraignment.

READ MORE: 23rd Annual 'A Home For The Holidays At The Grove' Comes To CBS On Sunday, December 5th

He continued to show little to no emotion while handcuffed in court as prosecutors described how the AutoZone delivery man allegedly admitted his role in the fatal hit-and-run.

Hicks has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death.

A delivery driver accused of dragging a woman to her death and hitting another pedestrian appeared in court on July 30, 2019. (CBS2)

Prosecutors say Hicks told police he knew something was under his van Monday afternoon after leaving the AutoZone in North Babylon, but he continued to drive a quarter mile.

He acknowledged people were yelling at him as he drove on Deer Park Avenue.

According to court documents, Hicks stated, “I heard a woman screaming but didn’t know she was under my van. I stopped on a side street, looked under the van and saw the woman. I think she was still alive.”

Prosecutors say he left her there to make his next delivery.

READ MORE: CNN's Chris Cuomo Fired Over Involvement In Brother Andrew Cuomo's Response To Sexual Harassment Scandal

That woman has been identified by police as 38-year-old Ann Marie Christina, of East Quogue.

Police say Christina was dragged down the road until Hicks made a turn and she was dislodged from the van.

She was rushed to a local hospital but didn’t survive.

The 40-year-old man Christina was with was also struck and hospitalized, but he has since been treated and released.

Less than an hour after the incident, police arrested Hicks at an AutoZone in Ronkonkoma.

Hicks’ defense attorney said he has been an employee of AutoZone for six years and has no criminal record.

A group that appeared to be at court on behalf of Hicks solemnly walked out with no comment for the cameras.

The judge said in the interest of public safety, Hicks’ license will be suspended. He’s being held on $100,000 bail.

MORE NEWS: Jokic Gets 32 Points In Just 27 Minutes, Nuggets Rout Knicks

Hicks is due back in court on Aug. 2.