GOSHEN, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – There has been another suicide involving the NYPD.
This time, a former officer has taken his own life at his home in Orange County.READ MORE: Lionel Virgile Accused Of Throwing Bleach In Officer's Face, Tossing Lit Molotov Cocktail At Other Officers In Brooklyn
The Sergeants Benevolent Association says retired Sgt. Jose “Joey” Pabon shot and killed himself Wednesday at his home in Goshen.
Pabon’s wife reportedly discovered his body inside a shed on their property. He did not leave behind any note.
The veteran officer was 49 years-old. He retired from the department just four years ago from the NYPD’s Internal Affairs Bureau.READ MORE: Producer Scott Rudin Will 'Step Back' From Broadway Duties After Allegations Of Abusive Behavior
Pabon is the 11th active or retired officer to commit suicide this year.
The NYPD has listed the following resources for officers in need of help.
NYPD-SPECIFIC:MORE NEWS: Man Arrested After Allegedly Using Anti-Asian Slurs, Harassing Undercover Officer In Queens
- Employee Assistance Unit: 646-610-6730
- Chaplains Unit: 212-473-2363
- POPPA (independent from the NYPD): 888-267-7267
- NYC WELL: Text, call, & chat www.nyc.gov/nycwell
- Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line: Law enforcement officers can text BLUE to 741741 (non-law enforcement can text TALK to 741741)
- Call 911 for emergencies