NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The New York City Wine and Food Festival gets underway this week, featuring some of the biggest names in the culinary world.
He stopped by to share a recipe for pork belly and octopus tacos.
Pork Belly & Octopus Tacos
2 lbs. Pork Belly
2 qts. Chicken Stock
6 piece Dried Pasilla Chillies
1/2 cup Coriander Seed
1/2 cup Cilantro
1/2 cup Lime Juice
3 pc. Serrano Peppers
1 cup Jicama
2 pc. Avocado
1 lb. Octopus
1. Braise pork belly in chicken stock with aromatics
2. Let cool in stock, then press overnight
3. Portion into 3″ strips
4. To make the salsa: mix diced octopus, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, jicama, serranos
5. Sear pork to get carnitas effect
6. Griddle tortillas
7. Build taco – fill tortilla with pork belly and top with octopus salsa
The NYC Wine and Food Festival runs Oct. 10-13.
If you would like to purchase tickets to the festival, visit nycwff.org.