NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The New York City Wine and Food Festival gets underway this week, featuring some of the biggest names in the culinary world.Teacher Stephanie Edmonds On Why She's Not Getting The COVID Vaccine, Despite Mandate: 'The Hardest Decision I've Ever Made'
He stopped by to share a recipe for pork belly and octopus tacos.
Pork Belly & Octopus Tacos
2 lbs. Pork Belly
2 qts. Chicken Stock
6 piece Dried Pasilla Chillies
1/2 cup Coriander Seed
1/2 cup Cilantro
1/2 cup Lime Juice
3 pc. Serrano Peppers
1 cup Jicama
2 pc. Avocado
1 lb. Octopus
1. Braise pork belly in chicken stock with aromatics
2. Let cool in stock, then press overnight
3. Portion into 3″ strips
4. To make the salsa: mix diced octopus, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, jicama, serranos
5. Sear pork to get carnitas effect
6. Griddle tortillas
7. Build taco – fill tortilla with pork belly and top with octopus salsa
The NYC Wine and Food Festival runs Oct. 10-13.MORE NEWS: New York City Public Advocate Jumaane Williams Considering Running For Governor
If you would like to purchase tickets to the festival, visit nycwff.org.