JERSEY CITY, N.J. (CBSNewYork) – A funeral will be held next week for Jersey City Police Det. Joseph Seals.
Seals, a 40-year-old father of five, was shot in the head at Bay View Cemetery just minutes before Tuesday’s deadly standoff at JC Kosher Supermarket that killed three other victims.
His viewing is scheduled for 2 p.m. Monday at the McLaughlin Funeral Home on Pavonia Avenue in Jersey City. It will be followed by a funeral at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Aedan’s Church on Bergen Avenue.
Worker Douglas Miguel Rodriguez’s memorial service will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Michigan Memorial in Paterson, New Jersey.
Wednesday night, services were held in Brooklyn for 31-year-old Mindel Ferencz and 24-year-old Moshe Deutsch.
Ferencz’s body was carried in front of the Satmar Shul on Rodney Street before being transported to Jersey City for a funeral. A short time later, Deutsch’s funeral was held in Williamsburg.
“She was just the nicest lady. We’ll miss her,” one mourner said. “She really left something in our hearts.”
“They were very, very good people,” said cousin Shulem Freund. “Moshe was a volunteer of special needs kids, and Mrs. Ferencz helped build the community over there.”
Both Ferencz and Deutsch were buried in Orange County.
A GoFundMe page has been set up for the family of Det. Seals. Click here for the official memorial fund.
Another has been set up for the family of Rodriguez. This is the link the mayor shared.
For those who’d like to donate, the state’s U.S. attorney says beware of scam websites. If you think you donated to a fake site, contact the FBI immediately.
JERSEY CITY SHOOTING COMPLETE COVERAGE
- ‘They Came To Kill:’ Mayor Says Shooters’ Social Media Offers Possible Motive
- Attackers Identified, Considered Prime Suspects In Recent Killing Of Uber Driver In Bayonne
- Det. Seals Remembered As A ‘Cop’s Cop,’ Funeral Arrangements Announced
- Victims Identified As ‘Pioneer,’ Volunteer And Worker
- Mayor De Blasio: ‘Don’t Treat The Holocaust Like Something That Could Never Happen Again’
- Anti-Defamation League Talks On Fear Gripping Jewish Community
- CBS2 Journalists Recount Fear Of Being In Harm’s Way
- Barrage Of Gunfire Heard In Jersey City As Police Move On Shooting Suspects
- Photos: Scenes From Jersey City’s Deadly Shootout