NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – If you’re looking for simple recipes to try at home, here’s one from burger expert George Motz.
Watch the video above for the complete how-to.READ MORE: Stimulus Check Update: Will You Get A Fourth Relief Payment?
George Motz’s Chester-Rouer Burger
This burger is a mashup between a Chester and the burger at Joe Rouer’s Bar in Luxemburg, WI.
Chester—A classic grilled cheese with a cooked burger patty inside.
Rouer—A burger cooked in beef broth and onions and served on a classic bun with cheese.
A pat of butter
¼ cup finely diced sweet onion
1 cup beef broth
1 6-oz. burger patty
More butterREAD MORE: Attorney General Letitia James Asked To Investigate Whether Andrew Cuomo Used State Resources To Write, Promote His Book
2 slices sturdy white sandwich bread
2 slices American cheese
1. In a skillet, preferably cast iron, melt butter and sauté onion over medium heat for 5 minutes, until onion is translucent but not brown.
2. Add half the broth, then the burger patty, and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Gently flip the burger and simmer some more. If the pan starts to dry out, add more broth.
4. While the patty cooks, place a second pan over medium heat. Butter one side of bread and add it to the pan, butter side down.
5. Add one slice cheese. Then, add the patty on top.
6. Drain the broth from the first skillet, reserving the onions.
7. Add the onions to the top of the patty. Add the second slice of cheese, then the second slice of bread, also buttered.
8. Flip, press gently, and remove from heat when both sides are toasty.MORE NEWS: All New Jersey Residents Age 16 And Up Now Eligible For COVID Vaccine
9. Slice. Eat. Mmm.