NEW MILFORD, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — There has been another deadly outbreak of the coronavirus at a New Jersey nursing home.
Five residents at CareOne at New Milford have died from the virus.READ MORE: Reports: Mets Closing In On Multi-Year Deal With Ace Max Scherzer
At least 16 residents and six staff members there have tested positive.
This is at least the third New Jersey nursing home to report a coronavirus outbreak.
- State-By-State, County-By-County Resources
- Distance Learning Tools for Teachers & Parents
- Ask Dr. Max Your Questions
- Tips For Avoiding Psychological Isolation
- Talking To Kids About Anxiety
- How To Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
- CDC Latest Updates
In Haskell, New Jersey, eight residents of the Lakeland Nursing Home died after being diagnosed with COVID-19.
The mayor of Wanaque Borough said Tuesday that the facility will no longer allow visitors or new patients. The mayor also said another nursing home in town has 10 other people who are infected.MORE NEWS: New York State Trooper Injured After Being Struck By Vehicle On RFK Bridge
Additionally, St. Joseph’s Senior Nursing Home in Woodbridge, New Jersey, was evacuated in late March after nearly a dozen residents tested positive for the coronavirus.