MONSEY, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – Police in Rockland County are cracking down on people who don’t obey emergency orders mandating social distancing.
Officers say they responded to a synagogue in Monsey after receiving complaints. They found 30-50 men praying together.
Eight were arrested for disorderly conduct. They now face up to $1,000 in fines.
Ramapo police say they will arrest more people if the gatherings continue.
In New Jersey, police say nearly two dozen people are facing charges for running illegal gambling rings, bars and hair salons.
Some are also accused of making terroristic threats.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
CORONAVIRUS: NY Health Dept. | NY Call 1-(888)-364-3065 | NYC Health Dept. | NYC Call 311, Text COVID to 692692 | NJ COVID-19 Info Hub | NJ Call 1-(800)-222-1222 or 211, Text NJCOVID to 898211 | CT Health Dept. | CT Call 211 | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention