The 1,000-bed hospital ship pushed off from Pier 90 on the West Side on Thursday afternoon as first responders cheered and saluted.READ MORE: Political Consultant: New York State's Impeachment Of Gov. Cuomo 'Could Get Very Ugly'
The Naval hospital ship first arrived on March 30.READ MORE: Exclusive Video: Good Samaritans Rescue Wheelchair-Bound Man Who Somehow Fell On Union Square Subway Tracks
It was originally sent to care for patients without COVID-19, but it started accepting coronavirus patients a week later.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
It treated a total of 182 people.
All of the patients have now been discharged or transferred.MORE NEWS: Broadway Returns After Nearly 17-Month Shutdown With 1st Performances Of 'Pass Over'
The Comfort is scheduled to return to Norfolk, Virginia. It will be disinfected and restocked for its next mission.