There have been an additional 231 deaths, the governor said.
“They’re coming down at a painful, slow level of decline,” Cuomo said.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Cuomo turned his attention to the hardships many New Yorkers are facing due to PAUSE status.
He said his administration will be banning any late fees on rent and allow renters to use their security deposits to pay their rent.
He also extended the statewide ban on evictions until August 20th.
Cuomo said his administration is working on relief from the banks for landlords, as well.
CORONAVIRUS: NY Health Dept. | NY Call 1-(888)-364-3065 | NYC Health Dept. | NYC Call 311, Text COVID to 692692 | NJ COVID-19 Info Hub | NJ Call 1-(800)-222-1222 or 211, Text NJCOVID to 898211 | CT Health Dept. | CT Call 211 | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Also Thursday, the New York City Rent Guidelines Board preliminarily voted to freeze rent on regulated apartments for the upcoming year.
Under the guidelines, rent would remain flat for all one-year leases beginning on or after October 1. For two-year leases, there would be no increase in the first year and a 1% increase the second.
PHOTO GALLERY: Coronavirus Shutdown 30 Days In
A final vote is set to take place June 17.