NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Mass transit could end up changing permanently because of the coronavirus pandemic.
“We’ve got cameras on almost every station. Those cameras can be used together with analytics to determine the level of passengers on a platform, passengers on mezzanine,” he said in an interview Wednesday. “We’re going to be look at that, and we’re going to be look at ways – in the interest of the safety of our customers and our employees – to control the number of passengers.”
At least one E and M train platform on the Upper East Side has “X” marks on the floor as part of a social distancing pilot, similar to ones seen in grocery store lines.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage