ALBANY, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – It’s a victory for parents of children with special needs in New York.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed an executive order Friday allowing in-person special education classes to resume this summer.
Schools must follow all coronavirus guidelines.
Web Extra: Read The Executive Order (.pdf)
Other education programs are not expected to open until their regions meet the criteria for Phase Four of the reopening plan.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
CORONAVIRUS: NY Health Dept. | NY Call 1-(888)-364-3065 | NYC Health Dept. | NYC Call 311, Text COVID to 692692 | NJ COVID-19 Info Hub | NJ Call 1-(800)-222-1222 or 211, Text NJCOVID to 898211 | CT Health Dept. | CT Call 211 | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention