TRENTON, N.J. (CBSNewYork) – New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy says municipal and private club pools can reopen starting June 22.
The governor made the announcement Monday on Twitter and is expected to discuss further during his daily briefing.
READ MORE: As Omicron Variant Spreads, Delta Driving Increase In New Cases
NEW: Municipal and private-club swimming pools can REOPEN on Monday, June 22nd. 🤿@NJDeptofHealth will release full guidance tomorrow relating to the procedures and protocols that will need to be followed. pic.twitter.com/beVB3PnOZV
— Governor Phil Murphy (@GovMurphy) June 8, 2020
This comes after Murphy called the decision on how and when to reopen pools “complicated.”READ MORE: Driver Killed When Car Collides With MTA Bus On Staten Island
New Jersey has begun gradually reopening and is on track for Phase 2 on June 15.MORE NEWS: 27-Year-Old Man Critically Hurt In Williamsburg Hit-And-Run
That’s when restaurants will be allowed to welcome back customers for outdoor dining.
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Ask Dr. Max Your Health Questions
- How Make Your Own DIY Face Mask
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- Tips For Parents To Help Kids Cope
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage