Sources told CBS2 it appears the incident was accidental, possibly the result of cleaning solution that wasn’t properly removed from the shake machine.READ MORE: NYC To Require Proof Of Vaccination For Indoor Dining, Fitness And Entertainment
After a thorough investigation by the NYPD’s Manhattan South investigators, it has been determined that there was no criminality by shake shack’s employees.
— Chief Rodney Harrison (@NYPDDetectives) June 16, 2020
Three officers became sick Monday after drinking shakes from the restaurant located at Broadway and Fulton Street.
Police initially suspected an employee may have contaminated the shakes with bleach.READ MORE: Gov. Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women In Violation Of State And Federal Law, AG Investigation Finds
Our team is working hard to get the full picture. In the meantime, we’re relieved to hear the officers are all okay. https://t.co/rjJYFSYjZc
— SHAKE SHACK (@shakeshack) June 16, 2020
Employees were questioned, and a shake sample was taken to a lab for testing.
The officers were hospitalized, but have since been released.MORE NEWS: Cuomo Not Stepping Down After Investigation Finds He Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
Note: This post was updated at 4:30 a.m. on June 16, 2020.