NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — While many spent July 4th at barbecues and picnics, others used the day to continue the fight for racial justice.
Images from social media show peaceful crowds gathering for the “Confronting July 4th” march in Brooklyn, which honored Black and Indigenous activists.
GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS
- The Hard Conversation: Public Advocate Jumaane Williams On What’s Next When It Comes To Race In America
- Having The Difficult But Important Conversation About Race
- How To Be A Part Of Making Change Beyond Protesting
- Child Psychologist On Talking About Race & Activism
- Where Does The Discussion Go From Here?
- Complete CBS2 Coverage
- More From Minneapolis
Demonstrators started at Fort Greene Park and made their way to Prospect Park.