On a conference call Saturday, he said the infection rate will play a huge role.READ MORE: Gov. Lamont: Connecticut Man Who Tested Positive For Omicron Variant Has Mild Symptoms, Resting At Home
“We’re going to make a decision this week, an initial decision if, at this point, schools should plan on reopening. And then we’ll watch to see what happens with the infection rate,” Cuomo said.
- What To Do If Someone Isn’t Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children’s Stress After Months Of Isolation
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- How To Safely Remove Disposable Gloves
- How Make Your Own Face Covering
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
School districts had a deadline Friday to submit their reopening plans to the state.READ MORE: Bob Dole, Former Senate GOP Leader And Presidential Nominee, Dies At 98
The governor says about 50 out of 700 districts have not submitted their plans yet.MORE NEWS: Zayid Muthana Has Successful Surgery To Remove Bullet From His Head, Family Says
Earlier this week, New York City rolled out its plan to the public, but Cuomo says the district has not officially filed with the state and is disappointed they didn’t have it out earlier.