Marie Jean-Pierre’s family calls her a miracle.
Her battle started March 21 when she had difficulty breathing.
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn’t Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children’s Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Jean-Pierre spent two months at the hospital, then was transferred to a rehab center where she learned to walk and talk again.
Her family says they have been waiting for this moment every day since.
Jean-Pierre offered some advice for what helped her get through it all.
“Try to get up and exercise. Do what they tell you. You know, don’t be mean to the people, be nice and you will go a long way,” she said.
As for what she’s looking forward to the most, she said the food and spending time with her family.
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.