This comes two days after a driver went through Black Lives Matter protesters in Times Square.
The NYPD says the driver was in a car with pro-Trump demonstrators.
Now, civil rights activists are calling on the Manhattan District Attorney to charge that driver for assault and reckless endangerment, saying he used his vehicle as a weapon.
“Clearly this city should be a city in which peaceful protests can take place without the risk of being seriously injured. Unfortunately, that’s not what happened,” civil rights attorney Sanford Rubenstein said.
PROTESTS AND POLICE REFORMS
- Writer David Simon, The Wire Creator, Discusses Policing In America With CBS2’s Maurice DuBois
- Timothy Cardinal Dolan Throws Support Behind NYPD, Calls For An End To ‘Attacks’
- CBS2 Speaks With Members Of Cure Violence Group Man Up! Inc.
- NYC Public Advocate Jumaane Williams On What’s Next When It Comes To Race
- Documentary Filmmaker Marshall Curry Discusses Where The Conversation Goes From Here
- Schomburg Center Releases ‘Black Liberation Reading List’
- Black Parents Describe Tough Conversations About Racism With Their Children
- Complete CBS2 Coverage
No one was seriously hurt.
Sources tell CBS2 the driver surrendered to police Friday and was questioned but was released without charges.
Police continue to investigate.
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.