NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Furloughs are expected to begin Thursday for thousands of New York City workers.
It’s part of an effort to save the city millions of dollars as it deals with the financial fallout from the coronavirus pandemic.
The furloughs will not happen all at once, but will instead be staggered over the coming months.
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn’t Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children’s Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.