NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The Diocese of Brooklyn and Agudath Israel of America have both filed federal lawsuits against New York State for its new COVID-19 hot zone restrictions.
The suits claim the state executive order denies the religious community its fundamental right — religious freedom — despite their implementation of safety precautions.
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn’t Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children’s Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.