NEWARK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Newark students will continue fully remote instruction until at least January 25, 2021.
The Board of Education made the announcement Tuesday.
MORE FROM CBS New York
- Stimulus Package Update: Is Time Running Out On A Possible Second Stimulus Check?
- 19-Year-Old Woman Killed, 2 Men Wounded In Shooting At Party Inside Bronx Club
- As New Yorkers Rethink Mass Transit, Here’s What To Do With Money Already On Your MetroCard
The board said in its reopening plans the health and safety of students and staff are its first priority.
Parents were told to refer to the district and school websites for updates.
Schools: The New Normal
- Parents Work To Keep Kids Focused While Virtually Learning
- Cyber Security Concerns Grow As Many Classes Go Online
- The Rush Is On To Bridge The Digital Divide In Tri-State Area Cities
- How To Help Children Deal With Anxiety As They Return To School
- Distance Learning Tools And Links For Parents Teaching At Home
- Complete Back-To-School Coverage
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.