Murphy was in contact over the weekend with someone who has since tested positive. His tests have all been negative.READ MORE: Kids Enjoy Nature, Create Works Of Art At Paterson's 10th Annual Art In The Park Event
Hospitalizations from the coronavirus are now the highest they’ve been in three months in New Jersey.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORKREAD MORE: Thousands Participate In Return Of Valerie Fund Walk And 5K
- Stimulus Package Update: Is A Deal Even Possible At This Point?
- 10 Hurt When Elementary School Bus Collides With Landscaping Truck In New Windsor, N.Y.
- Suffolk County Legislator Dr. William Spencer Arrested In Alleged Pills-For-Sex Scheme
On Thursday morning, the governor spoke about whether the increasing transmission rate could shut down businesses again.
“We’re going to do everything we can to not do that. Listen, I believe we’ve responsibly, step by step, opened our state back up again,” he said Thursday. “We still have limited capacities, admittedly, on things like indoor dining, on gyms, on indoor entertainment, for sure. But we have come a long way since we started to reopen in May, and I hope we not only stay that way, but the numbers get better sooner than later.”
The Washington Township Fire Department in Bergen County has been temporarily shut down due to a COVID exposure earlier this week. All fire calls in town are being handled by mutual aid from neighboring towns.MORE NEWS: Feast Of San Gennaro Parade Returns To Little Italy
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn’t Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children’s Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.