He said, “Today Newark had more COVID-19 cases than every other city in Essex County combined! We are witnessing a serious spike and tomorrow we will begin taking serious measures. Wear your mask!”
Today Newark had more COVID-19 cases than every other city in Essex County combined! We are witnessing a serious spike and tomorrow we will begin taking serious measures. Wear your mask!
— Ras J. Baraka (@rasjbaraka) October 25, 2020
The mayor’s office is expected to release more information Monday.
This comes as the state continues to see a spike in COVID-19 cases.
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn’t Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children’s Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Gov. Phil Murphy on Sunday reported 1,140 new positive cases and four new confirmed deaths.
#COVID19 UPDATE: We're reporting 1,140 new positive cases, pushing our cumulative total to 228,468.
We’re reporting four new confirmed deaths for a total of 14,496 lives lost.
— Governor Phil Murphy (@GovMurphy) October 25, 2020
On Saturday, the state reported 1,994 new positive cases, the highest number since May.
The governor also extended the state’s public health emergency for the eighth time over the weekend.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK
- Stimulus Package Update: While Politicians Negotiate, Economic Damage Continues
- NYPD Investigating Videos Appearing To Show On-Duty Officer Shout ‘Trump 2020’ Into Marked Car’s Loudspeaker
- Out-Of-State College Student Dies After Being Struck By Stray Bullet Outside Airbnb In Brooklyn
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.