BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (CBSNewYork) — The state of Connecticut now has a 4.1% COVID-19 positivity test rate.
The state hasn’t seen such a high number since June 6.READ MORE: Paterson Mother Charged With Murder In 7-Year-Old's Death
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn’t Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children’s Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Gov. Ned Lamont‘s administration plans to extend an executive order to allow outdoor dining.
The governor says he thinks at this point, “Outdoors is so much safer than indoors.”
Tuesday, Lamont posted video of a crowded establishment in Bridgeport from over the weekend.
This is what we’re talking about when we mention establishments not obeying the rules. This was in Bridgeport over the weekend. The less of this we see, the stronger our response will be. This isn’t fair to all of the restaurants across CT looking out for their customers. pic.twitter.com/lEGKqq8IWyREAD MORE: 3 Teens Charged In Manhattan Subway Attacks, Police Release Video Of New Suspect Believed To Be Group's Lookout
— Governor Ned Lamont (@GovNedLamont) October 27, 2020
Bridgeport’s mayor says this was the third violation of COVID executive orders for the unnamed location.
He says it has been shut down and needs to appeal to the state to reopen.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORKMORE NEWS: Play Ball! Dozens Of Kids Return To The Field As East Harlem Little League Restarts
- Stimulus Package Update: While Politicians Negotiate, Economic Damage Continues
- NYPD Officer Suspended Without Pay After Being Caught On Video Saying ‘Trump 2020’ Over Patrol Car’s Loudspeaker
- Fists And Rocks Fly As Jewish Trump Supporters And Counter Protesters Clash In Times Square
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.