Mayor Andre Sayegh issued an executive order for bars, restaurants and grocery stores to close nightly at midnight.READ MORE: CDC Announces New Mask Guidance For People Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19
Gas stations can stay open for gas only.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORKREAD MORE: NYPD Budget, Rising Gun Violence Dominate First Democratic New York City Mayoral Debate
- Stimulus Package Update: Why Testing Language Is Holding Up Checks
- ‘When Will It End?’ Neighbors Saddened Over Deadly Shooting Of 17-Year-Old In Brooklyn
- NYC Health And Hospitals Preparing For Possible Second Wave Of COVID-19 Hospitalizations
“This past weekend, we had an operation where we went into these nightclubs, bars, restaurants and what we witnessed was unacceptable,” the mayor said. “We saw large crowds congregating and we’ve seen a spike in the number of COVID-19 cases.”
Paterson’s daily average of new cases has doubled in the last week to about 40.
The new restrictions will stay in effect until further notice.MORE NEWS: Former New Jersey Resident Heartbroken After Dog Dies During Grooming At PetSmart
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn’t Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children’s Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.