NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The Tri-State Area is experiencing another spike in COVID cases.
On Saturday, New Jersey reported about 3,200 new cases, which is over 1,000 more from Friday.READ MORE: Exclusive: UPS Driver Jumps In To Help Save Teenage Robbery Victim In Chelsea
It’s the highest daily count since April 27, when the pandemic was at its peak.
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn’t Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children’s Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
New York is also seeing a troubling trend with nearly 3,600 positive tests Friday.
That’s the highest number since May.READ MORE: Job Hunting? Experts Suggest Keeping Your Resume 'Drop Dead Simple,' Highlighting Numbers & Making An Effort To Reach Out
CORONAVIRUS: NY Health Dept. | NY Call 1-(888)-364-3065 | NYC Health Dept. | NYC Call 311, Text COVID to 692692 | NJ COVID-19 Info Hub | NJ Call 1-(800)-222-1222 or 211, Text NJCOVID to 898211 | CT Health Dept. | CT Call 211 | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Cases have been rising in Connecticut as well.
The state entered Phase 2.1 Friday, which reverted some of its reopening plans from Phase 3.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORKMORE NEWS: Death Toll Climbs As Calls For An Israel-Hamas Ceasefire Go Unheeded
- Cheering, Celebrations Erupt In Streets Of New York After Joe Biden Projected To Win Presidency
- Mayor Bill De Blasio Urges Protesters To Call Out Agitators, Says Officers Using ‘Kettling’ Tactic Is Not Acceptable
- Commanding Officer Of NYPD Office Of Equal Employment Opportunity Accused Of Posting Racist, Anti-Semitic Comments Online
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.