HARTFORD, Conn. (CBSNewYork) — The number of coronavirus cases has been steadily rising in Connecticut.
Gov. Ned Lamont says hospitalizations have doubled in the past two weeks.READ MORE: Wife Of Top Cuomo Aide Shows Support On Social Media For Governor's Latest Sexual Harassment Accuser
The positivity rate is now at 4.8%.
- Tri-State Coronavirus Travel Advisory Quarantine List
- Resources, Hotlines, Unemployment & Covering Bills
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- What To Do If Someone Isn’t Social Distancing Or Wearing A Mask?
- Expert: Parents Be Mindful Of Children’s Stress After Months Of Isolation
- Chopper 2 Over Empty NYC Streets, Landmarks
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
The governor also said there are about 100 cities and towns categorized under a red alert. That’s about 80% of the state.
“I’m afraid that Bridgeport is probably the area that’s being hardest hit right now in terms of the infection rate. This is why we’re using our protocols on a statewide basis. It’s a statewide issue, and we’re working closely with our neighbors,” Lamont said.READ MORE: COVID Vaccine: Competitors Johnson & Johnson And Merck & Co. Teaming Up To Increase Supply
CORONAVIRUS: NY Health Dept. | NY Call 1-(888)-364-3065 | NYC Health Dept. | NYC Call 311, Text COVID to 692692 | NJ COVID-19 Info Hub | NJ Call 1-(800)-222-1222 or 211, Text NJCOVID to 898211 | CT Health Dept. | CT Call 211 | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The state reported 10 deaths Thursday.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORKMORE NEWS: Celebrity TV Doctor Dr. Oz Helps Rescue Man Who Collapsed At Newark Airport
- Study: Simple Temperature Checks And Question Screening Not Very Effective Catching COVID-19 Spreaders
- Cuomo Orders New COVID-19 Restrictions As Cases In New York Climb
- Mayor De Blasio Says If City COVID-19 Positivity Rate Goes Above 3% Schools Will Close The Next Day
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.