Three Amazon sellers will now pay up for overcharging customers for hand sanitizer.READ MORE: Gov. Cuomo Says He Will Not Resign Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations: 'I Never Touched Anyone Inappropriately'
The sellers were identified as Northwest-Lux, Mobile Rush and EMC.
- Health Experts Stress Need To Fight ‘Mask Exhaustion’
- Tri-State Area Coronavirus Travel Advisory List
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- Resources: Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
They will pay more than $52,000 in penalties and nearly $23,000 in restitution for customers.READ MORE: Road To Reopening: New York City Arts And Entertainment Venues Allowed To Reopen At 33% Capacity Beginning April 2
James says they charged customers $129.99 for two-liter bottles of Purell and almost $30 for 8-ounce bottles of Germ-X.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORKMORE NEWS: Caught On Camera: Asian Man Brutally Beaten At Lower East Side Subway Station
- Wild Road Rage Incident Caught On Video Shows Car Crashing Into Flushing Bakery, Baseball Bat Fight
- Coronavirus: As Cases Surge In New York, Hospitalizations Remain Way Down; Doctors Say They Remain On Guard
- Police: 70-Year-Old Woman Shot In The Head Aboard Bus In Brooklyn
You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York app. Download here.