According to the department of health, the employee was last in the office on Tuesday and is currently isolating at home.
Persichilli and other staff members who work in the commissioner’s office in Trenton will work from home and quarantine through Dec. 8. Persichilli will not be participating in in-person press conferences during this time.
- Explanation Of N.Y.’s Yellow, Orange, Red Zones (.pdf)
- Health Experts Stress Need To Fight ‘Mask Exhaustion’
- Tri-State Area Coronavirus Travel Advisory List
- CBS2’s Dr. Max Answers Your Health Questions
- Resources: Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Parents Teaching At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
The department of health says contact tracing is being done to identify anyone who may have come into contact with the employee who tested positive.
The commissioner’s office was closed and cleaned Saturday.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK