NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Workers at Cafe Evergreen on the Upper East Side were cooking up a storm Wednesday to serve front line heroes.
The deliveries went to the doctors, nurses and other staff at Lenox Hill Hospital.
Frank Moy, the owner of Cafe Evergreen, says he’s honored to take part in this gesture.
“It is very tough for these people to be there 24 hours a day, seven days a week,” Moy said. “If there’s anything we can do to help them through this tough period of time, it’s heartwarming. It’s very satisfying.”
- Ask CBS2’s Dr. Max Your Vaccine Questions
- COVID Vaccine FAQ From CDC
- Find A New York City Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- Explanation Of N.Y.’s Yellow, Orange, Red Zones (.pdf)
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
It’s all part of the Thank Our Heroes program started by the Backal Hospitality Group.
The initiative aims to support local businesses and help front line workers during the pandemic.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK
- Caught On Video: Man Shot After Dispute Over Car Trying To Escape Snow Ends In Gunfire In The Bronx
- 5 Killed When 2 Cars Crash In Yonkers; Authorities Say Speeding Driver Slammed Into Car Carrying 4 People
- Man Accused Of Deploying Delta Flight’s Emergency Slide At LaGuardia: ‘I Panicked … I Didn’t Hurt Anybody’