It’s the same highly contagious strain that was initially discovered in the U.K.
“These were folks related to travel, just as a heads up, coming into the state from elsewhere, and younger, 15-25 … Again, worth remembering nobody’s out of the woods when it comes to this,” Lamont said.
- Ask CBS2’s Dr. Max Your Vaccine Questions
- COVID Vaccine FAQ From CDC
- Find A New York City Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- Explanation Of N.Y.’s Yellow, Orange, Red Zones (.pdf)
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
The governor announced Thursday that Connecticut has now passed 200,000 confirmed cases.
That includes 3,304 new cases and 57 additional deaths.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK
- Exclusive: Long Island Father Talks About Young Son’s Bout With Rare COVID-Related Disease MIS-C
- City Officials Searching For Answers For High COVID-19 Positivity Rates In Manhattan’s Washington Heights And Inwood
- Major Water Main Break Along Cross Bronx Expressway Submerges Cars, Impacts Businesses, Schools