He is working from home.
- Ask CBS2’s Dr. Max Your Vaccine Questions
- COVID Vaccine FAQ From CDC
- Find A New York City Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- Explanation Of N.Y.’s Yellow, Orange, Red Zones (.pdf)
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
It wasn’t immediately clear when Shea tested positive.
The NYPD is also testing staff that works around him.
CORONAVIRUS TOLL: NYPD Remembers Officers Lost To COVID-19
Police Commissioner @NYPDShea has tested positive for COVID. He’s doing well. He’s in touch with his executive staff on a regular basis. He’s staying home and he is running the Police Department remotely.
— NYPD NEWS (@NYPDnews) January 8, 2021
In a tweet, the NYPD said the commissioner is “doing well.”
“He’s in touch with his executive staff on a regular basis. He’s staying home and he is running the Police Department remotely,” the NYPD wrote.
Check back soon for more information.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK
- COVID In New York: Distribution Restrictions For Vaccine Creating Tension Between Mayor Bill De Blasio, Gov. Andrew Cuomo
- NYPD: Man In Custody After Barricading Himself In Bathroom At Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital
- 15-Year-Old New Jersey Girl Battling Leukemia Finds Bone Marrow Match With All 5 Siblings: ‘The Odds Of That Happening Are Crazy’