That means 12 people in the state have been infected with this variant so far.
The governor didn’t identify where these new cases are located.
- Ask CBS2’s Dr. Max Your Vaccine Questions
- COVID Vaccine FAQ From CDC
- Vaccination Sites In New York City | Call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Find A New York City Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- Explanation Of N.Y.’s Yellow, Orange, Red Zones (.pdf)
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
The first involved a man who lives in Saratoga County.
The highly contagious strain was initially discovered in the United Kingdom.
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK