New Yorkers hoping to get the vaccine stood in a line that stretched for blocks outside the Brooklyn Army Terminal.READ MORE: COVID Vaccine In New York: With Thousands Of Appointments Now Available, Some Local Leaders Voice Concerns About Vaccine Hesitancy
There are reports a text message went out saying hundreds of doses needed to be given out before they expired.
COVID VACCINEREAD MORE: Police Rescue Dog With Paw Caught In Escalator At Jersey City PATH Station
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here
- Connecticut book online here
A spokesperson for the mayor’s office says that is a miscommunication; they didn’t send the text and there are not enough vaccines available for people without appointments.
The city asked everyone in line to go home if they didn’t have an appointment.MORE NEWS: Police Trying To Identify Man Accused Of Making Anti-Asian Statements Toward Woman At Upper East Side Subway Station
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK
- Queens Man Eduard Florea Arrested After Allegedly Plotting Another U.S. Capitol Attack
- COVID Vaccine: Long Island County Sites Swamped By Residents Trying To Make Vaccination Appointments
- Staten Island Couple Says Tenants Who Haven’t Paid Rent Since May 2019 Can’t Be Kicked Out Due To Eviction Moratorium