According to a federal court filing, Dominick Madden, 43, traveled to Washington, D.C. on the day of the incident while he was on sick leave from work.READ MORE: Police Reveal More Details In Death Of 10-Year-Old Ayden Wolfe; Mother's Boyfriend Ryan Cato Faces Murder Charges
Surveillance video shows a man, believed to be Madden wearing a QAnon sweatshirt, entering and leaving the Capitol building on Jan. 6.
CRISIS IN THE CAPITOL
- Slain Capitol Police Officer Identified As New Jersey Native
- Local Members Of Congress Recount ‘Disturbing’ Scene
- Child Psychologists Encourage Open Conversations With Children
- Photo Gallery: Pro-Trump Mob Storms U.S. Capitol Building
- CBS News Coverage
Those images match similar pictures of Madden that were posted on social media.READ MORE: Long Island Rail Road Riders Face Crowded Trains On First Day Of Service Cuts
Madden has been suspended by the sanitation department without pay.
He appeared in Brooklyn federal court Friday afternoon and has been charged with entering a restricted area and disorderly conduct.
He was released on $250,000 bond.MORE NEWS: NYPD Making Progress Bringing In And Promoting Women, But It Still Has A Lot Of Work To Do
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK:
- Exclusive: Woman Brutally Attacked At Harlem Liquor Store Says Suspect Tried To Bite Her Eye Out: ‘That’s An Animal. That’s Not A Person’
- New York City Temporarily Closes 15 Vaccine Hubs, Cancels Thousands Of Appointments Due To Shortage
- NYPD: Kevin Gavin Killed 3 Women At Carter G. Woodson Houses, A Home For Seniors In Brooklyn