The FBI says 34-year-old Garret Miller, of Texas, tweeted, “Assassinate AOC.”READ MORE: COVID Vaccine: Bronx Residents Can Begin Scheduling Appointments For Johnson & Johnson Shots
He was arrested Friday.
CRISIS IN THE CAPITOLREAD MORE: COVID 1 Year: 'Long Haulers' Still On Long Road To Recovery, 'A Complete Lifestyle Change'
- Slain Capitol Police Officer Identified As New Jersey Native
- Local Members Of Congress Recount ‘Disturbing’ Scene
- Child Psychologists Encourage Open Conversations With Children
- Photo Gallery: Pro-Trump Mob Storms U.S. Capitol Building
- CBS News Coverage
Miller is also accused of threatening a U.S. Capitol police officer on Instagram.
He faces five federal counts. A court hearing is scheduled for Monday.MORE NEWS: Wife Of Top Cuomo Aide Shows Support On Social Media For Governor's Latest Sexual Harassment Accuser
MORE FROM CBS NEW YORK
- Exclusive: Woman Brutally Attacked At Harlem Liquor Store Says Suspect Tried To Bite Her Eye Out: ‘That’s An Animal. That’s Not A Person’
- NYC Business Owners Embracing New Strategies To Avoid Closing Their Doors During COVID Pandemic
- Nassau County Taxpayers Shocked By First Bills After Massive Reassessment: ‘It’s Unfeasible’