FAIRFIELD, Conn. (CBSNewYork) — The coronavirus variant first identified in South Africa has been detected in Connecticut.
This is the first known case in the state.
The patient is from Fairfield County and was transferred to a hospital in New York City for a procedure.
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here
Connecticut health officials say the patient’s condition is improving.
It’s not known where the person contracted the virus.
- Ask CBS2’s Dr. Max Your Vaccine Questions
- COVID Vaccine FAQ From CDC
- Vaccination Sites In New York City | Call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Find A New York City Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- Explanation Of N.Y.’s Yellow, Orange, Red Zones (.pdf)
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Gov. Andrew Cuomo said there’s no evidence the virus has spread to New York City.
Data suggests this variant spreads more rapidly.