NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — COVID-19 variants are being blamed for nearly half of the new infections in New York City in the past week.
One of them was identified by doctors at Columbia University, and they say it is more transmissible.
New York State has the second highest number of new cases in the country.
- Ask CBS2’s Dr. Max Your Vaccine Questions
- COVID Vaccine FAQ From CDC
- Vaccination Sites In New York City | Call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC Vaccinations By Zip Code
- Find A New York City Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
- Complete Coronavirus Coverage
Friday, the Biden administration pledged $1.7 billion in research to help the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and states to detect and track emerging variants.