Tell us why you want to be a contestant on The Price Is Right and you could be one of two winners from the New York Contestant Search that will be flown to LA to see the show, and have a 1-in-2 chance to be a contestant on The Price is Right!
Winners will fly from New York to Los Angeles for an once-in-a-lifetime chance to “come on down” on The Price Is Right.
U.S. legal residents 18 and over are invited to come down to Empire Casino Yonkers Raceway with a completed application and eligibility form.
Review the eligibility requirements and download the Price Is Right Contestant Search Application. See you Empire Casino Yonkers Raceway!
THE PRICE IS RIGHT CONTESTANT SEARCH ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Please note: the following eligibility requirements and terms must be met in order to proceed with the application process for THE PRICE IS RIGHT CONTESTANT SEARCH (the “Contestant Search”).
1. Only one application per person.
2. There will be open casting calls in selected markets beginning June 1, 2010 through August 31, 2010 (“Open Casting Calls”). Each applicant will be interviewed on camera for approximately thirty (30) seconds answering questions such as “Why do you want to be a contestant on THE PRICE IS RIGHT?” (see paragraph 10 below for judging criteria). These questions may change from time to time at the sole discretion of the producers of THE PRICE IS RIGHT (“Producers”).
3. You must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
4. You must be a legal resident of the United States and live in the United States as of the date you submit your application and continuing through the dates of travel to Los Angeles, if you are selected as a semi-finalist.
5. You may not now be a candidate for public office, and if selected to be a contestant, you must agree not to become a candidate for public office until after the initial broadcast of the program in which you appear.
6. You may not have been a contestant on THE PRICE IS RIGHT within the last ten (10) years. You also may not have been a contestant on any game show within the last twelve months.
7. Employees, officers, directors and agents of CBS Corporation, CBS Broadcasting Inc., The Price Is Right Productions, Inc., Fremantle Goodson, Inc., or Fremantle Media North America (and any parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of any of the foregoing), and local and national sponsors of THE PRICE IS RIGHT and/or of any of their respective licensees, assigns, partners, parents, subsidiary, or affiliated companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants in the Contestant Search or participate in the application process.
8. Two (2) semi-finalists will be selected from each Open Casting Call.
The Prize for each semi-finalist shall consist of roundtrip coach airfare for one (1) person from the airport closest to the participating market to Los Angeles, two nights standard hotel accommodations (room and tax only) in Los Angeles, transportation to and from the hotel in Los Angeles to the Los Angeles International Airport, transportation to and from the hotel to the set
for THE PRICE IS RIGHT and the opportunity to be selected as a contestant in an episode of THE PRICE IS RIGHT. (Approximate value is $1,400, depending upon the cost of air travel). The Producers will further interview each group of two (2) semi-finalists while in Los Angeles and select a Grand Prize Winner from each group based on their answers during that interview (see paragraph 10). Each Grand Prize Winner will be named during the filming of the episode they attend and asked to “Come on Down” to contestant row to participate as a contestant in that episode. Each semifinalist winner is responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from the airport in the departure and arrival city and all taxes related to transportation. Prize does not include items not specified, such as travel insurance, hotel room service, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, or souvenirs, etc. Each Grand Prize Winner also will be responsible for any taxes related to prizes won as a result of their participation as a contestant in an episode of THE PRICE IS RIGHT, if any.
9. By accepting the prize, you acknowledge that you are not guaranteed to receive a prize of monetary value on THE PRICE IS RIGHT or the opportunity to come on stage.
10. The applicant’s responses to the questions posed during the Open Casting Call and during the interviews in Los Angeles will be judged by personnel from THE PRICE IS RIGHT based on the following criteria: clarity of answer, personality, and enthusiasm.
11. If you are selected by the Producers as a semi-finalist, you must be willing to travel to Los Angeles between September 13, 2010 and June 30, 2011 (as scheduled by the Producers) on the same dates as the other semi-finalists chosen from the Open Casting Call in your area. If you are unable to travel to Los Angeles on the same dates as the other semi-finalists from your area, you will forfeit the prize and the opportunity to be a participant in an episode of THE PRICE IS RIGHT, and an alternate semi-finalist may be chosen by Producers, in their sole discretion, from the Open Casting Call in your area. You also authorize the Producers to conduct civil, criminal, financial, driver-history and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by the Producers. All dates and locations listed in these eligibility requirements and in the application form are subject to change in the Producers’ sole discretion, without notice. Payment of all federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner and winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent from the Producers.
12. If you are chosen to be a semi-finalist, Producers shall not be responsible for making any necessary arrangements with your employer and family in anticipation of your absence from home and your job.
13. The Producers reserve the right to change any of the rules, eligibility requirements and terms,
including the terms of any prizes to be awarded at any time without notice.
14. The Producers reserve the right to add, cancel and/or substitute other cities as Open Casting Calls and the Producers reserve the right to modify the manner in which the Open Casting Calls are conducted.
15. Applications MUST be written clearly or typed. Complete applications that are sent to Producers shall consist of the following: Completed Participant Application (including a Release and Waiver signed by you) and a videotape recorded at the Open Casting Call. Applications will only be considered if they are complete. DEADLINE: ALL COMPLETED SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MIDNIGHT PACIFIC STANDARD TIME, SEPTEMBER, 8, 2010.
16. All materials (including videotape and application) will be retained by the Producers and become the property of the Producers and will not be returned to you whether or not you are selected as a participant. Any expenses you incur during the application process including travel costs and materials preparation, etc. are your sole responsibility. The Producers will not reimburse you for these expenses. All decisions of the Producers are final and absolute and not subject to inquiry or appeal.
17. Unfortunately, we will not be able to verify that we have received your application. The Producers are not responsible for lost or damaged applications.
18. If you are selected as a semi-finalist, you will be notified by CBS Television Stations