Is Obama Courting Bloomberg For His Administration?

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) — Could Mayor Michael Bloomberg be contemplating a move from the Big Apple to the Capitol?

That’s the word on the street.

LISTEN: 1010 WINS’ Stan Brooks Reports

After the city’s mayor and President Obama engaged in a four-hour long golf game last week, rumors began circulating that the president is looking to recruit Bloomberg for his administration – possibly as treasury secretary, or another major economic position.

“It would be a good move for the president to appoint [Bloomberg] as treasury secretary or president of the World Bank,” said political consultant Hank Shankoff. “While New York State lags, New York City is recovering. Mike Bloomberg led the city out of its chaos after 9/11, restoring confidence in the business community for the city’s future.”

Shankoff pointed out that the chances of the mayor leaving his current position aren’t overwhelming, because Bloomberg “loves” being the head of New York City.

And would the Republican-turned-Independent even be able to leave, after he worked to change the term limits law, allowing him to stay for a third term?

“When the president of the United States calls and asks you to serve, it is very difficult to say no to your nation,” said Shankoff. “If Mike Bloomberg is called, he may very well go.”

The mayor’s office denies a move is imminent, suggesting that it’s been decades since Bloomberg has had a boss – and he plans to serve the rest of his term.

1. Rich Scorce says:

we need to get rid of this guy…i hope the story is true and mike will be leaving for D.C. (before he buys a 4th term).

2. adam says:

Unbelievable, look at the muslim president and his new terrorist hugger. What a cute couple! Of idiots!

3. COMMANDER,K says:

General Bill Ginn USAF (ret.) asked //Mmslim Barack Hussein Obama, to explain WHY he doesn’t follow protocol when the National Anthem is played. The General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171 “…During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, ‘Stand and Face It’.”

NOW GET THIS!! – – – – –
    ‘Senator’ //Mmslim Barack Hussein Obama, replied:
    “As I’ve said about the flag pin, I don’t want to be perceived as taking sides”.
    “There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression..”
    “The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing.”
    //Mmslim Barack Hussein Obama, continued: “The National Anthem should be ‘swapped’ for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song ‘I’d Like To Teach the World To Sing’. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as ‘redesign’ our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It’s my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails – – – perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments.”
    “When I become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past”.
    “Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path… My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country’s First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America “INPEACH OBAMA THE COMMUNIST ,GOD OPEN YOUR EYES.//////For us there are only two possiblities: either we remain american or we come under the thumb of the communist Mmslim Barack Hussein OBAMA. This latter must not occur.the commander

4. COMMANDER,K says:

TO THE WEAK-KNEED REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRAT…..Wake up america!!!! This goverment is the most corrupt we have had in years. The good old boy network is very much in charge.Mr. obama and pelosi are the puppet masters.How many of their good friends benefited by the agreement ” what a farce. All of the u.sSenators voted for this. I am ashamed to say I voted for the these corupted self serving politicians.With good reason they picked an out of towner to be president.All u.s departments need an overhaul. We need to rid ourselves of the puppet masters and the dept heads that bow down to obama and pelosi.I am sick of the lip service I have been getting from these dummies over violations, their friends are getting away the goverment . Barack Hussein Obama , threatens friends and bows to Mmslim.
    INPEACH OBAMA ,GOD OPEN YOUR EYES.///For us there are only two possiblities: either we remain american or we come under the thumb of the communist Mmslim Barack Hussein OBAMA. This latter must not occur.THE COMMANDER

5. 1UncleBill says:

Maybe Obama will send Bloomie to Afghanistan. Getting rid of Bloomie would be the best thing that could ever happen to NYC. Maybe Bloomie will change the Afghan law to take all the Taliban’s guns away from them. Ha, ha. Let him enforce that one. Good riddance for everyone.

6. 3puttking says:

This makes sense…obama adding someone new to his cabinet already in controversy…makes total illogical, logical sense. I wish I could play as much golf as Obama.

7. sammy says:

so this is why he has pushed so har for the peaceful outreach mosqu?
    Emporer Bloomberg has made nyc practically unliveable for anoyone who is not either a millionaire or on public assistance.
    the quality of life is down the drain.
    his pet projects are aimed at tourism for nyc…

8. Steve says:

Good Idea,Before Bloomgerg goes, maybe he can donate a few billion to new york?

9. Jackie says:

God HELP America if that happens. While Bloomberg is a very business savvy man, he knows absolutely NOTHING about what it is to be living in HIS state, making a “decent” salary and STILL not being able to a normal lifestyle without resorting to living with roommates. He has single handedly pushed all of the middle class people OUT of new york city. If there was a Gini scale of inequality for NEW YORK CITY you would see that the gap between the rich and poor has WIDENED dramatically since bloomberg came to office. Obama, go for Guiliani instead! At least he is for the people!!!!!

10. Dan says:

Gimme a break JME, if you can’t tell the difference between a brown person and a Muslim find a time machine and go back to 1950. You’ll like it there.

11. jme says:

so that’s what all the golfing was about – Obama is wooing the Mayor. no wonder Mayor Bloomberg is for the Mosque – this is his payoff & everyone knew it.

Comments are closed.