Armed Bandits Rob Yeshiva Students In Queens

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — A knock on the door of a dormitory of a Yeshiva on the Queens-Nassau border at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday morning turned into a nightmare for one group of students.

In the tiny, quiet enclave just off Far Rockaway, known as Bayswater to the locals, is where a group of young men came face to face with two armed robbers, CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman reported.

“One of them claimed that their car broke down, and they needed to call AAA,” Yeshiva student Bernard Schoenfeld said.

“And one of my friends opened the door and the guy had a gun to his face,” Yeshiva student Yossi Rosenbluth said.

That friend was Philip Makowsky.

“They put the gun to my neck. They brought us upstairs,” Makowsky said, “I was white in the face like my friends were telling me.”

There were eight students in the house and Bernard Schoenfeld was one of them.

“I was lying in bed at the time. They pulled the gun to my head, said ‘get up.'”

Yossi Rosenbluth was also grabbed.

“They were there for like 10-15 minutes. Anything they could grab they took…. they weren’t very organized. They asked us for bags to take stuff in,” Rosenbluth said.

The robbers grabbed a set of car keys.

“They took one of the guys, they brought him to the car to make sure that the car was functional,” Makowsky said.

The two thieves ordered everyone into a room and before they left, the bandits herded everybody onto the porch and said ‘if you call the police, we’re going to come back and kill you.’

Police are currently investigating the case.

The car that the robbers stole to make their escape was a grey Nissan Sentra. The students told police that one of the thieves may have been as young as 17.

Comments

1. sniffascam says:

Smells like Jewish lightning to me….

2. californialove says:

joshua philip was not the one who answered the door, he was thier when it was opened

3. knowsall says:

Joshua you may have been in the house, but you weren’t there when the door was opened unless you were the one that opened it!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Anotheryeshivaguy3001 says:

Snuffkins, thanks.

Space travel?!?!? Seriously? Go to the moon and stay there.

5. Yeshivaguy3000 says:

Snuffkins , u r an inspiration to us all

6. boogidyboo says:

PHILIP WAS NOT THE ONE WHO LET THEM IN HE WAS THE ONE WHO SCREAMED TO NOT LET THEM IN. ANOTHER GUY LET THEM IN AND HE WAS THE ONLY OTHER PERSON DOWNSTAIRS, THEY GRABBED HIM AS HE WAS TRYING TO ESCAPE.

1. Joshua says:

NO IT WAS PHILIP, I LIVE IN THE HOUSE

7. Snufkin007 says:

I disagree vehemently. The stupidity of even saying something like that is preposterous. Obviously ALL roads lead to the potato chip aisle at Stop N Shop. If only these students had been trained in fried potato consumption like yours truly they would have been where I was; contemplating the benefits of Pringle’s vs Ruffles (hmm… Ridgey crunchiness, or the 2 pringle duck bill extravaganza). Nemesis I’m sorry your roads lead to space whilst the rest of us enjoy a more filling and delicious path to freedom. Gotta go, I think I just spotted a king size bag of ridged pringles!

1. Anthonyk says:

You are 100% british!

8. meir says:

constitutional carry. be armed for protection

9. Anonymous says:

Nemesis xyz – religion is irrelevant here. It could have been a dorm for community college or the anyone’s house. The point is that guns were involved and that property was stolen.

10. Chaya says:

Unfortunatley you hear about armed robberies everyday in NYC…and none of the 8 yeshiva students were harmed, coincidence??? I think not…G-d keeps around the guys he wants, so you may wanna do some soul searching cause if those robbers knock on your door tonight, do you think you will merit to come out alive as well?

1. AnthonyK says:

Are you kidding?? Them not being shot had nothing to do with religion, religion is a scam and the cause of most of the worlds wars…all we need is compassion, spirituality, and faith in eachother…the temple of god lies within…

11. Nemesis xyz says:

Religion can’t save you when they put a gun to your head. If these Yeshiva students only studied to become Astronauts, they wouldn’t be on this planet being robbed. Remember, ALL ROADS LEAD TO SPACE. SPACE WILL SET YOU FREE.

Comments are closed.