For more trusted health
news and information,
visit CBS New York's
HARRISON, NY (WCBS 880) - Harrison public works officials are still trying to figure out what was in the garbage truck that gave off fumes that sent two town sanitation workers to the hospital.
The two workers were overcome by the fumes in the middle of their routine residential garbage pickup.
WCBS 880 reporter Catherine Cioffi says the Westchester County hazmat team was called in and they looked through the garbage truck.
LoHud.com is reporting that the hazmat team determined the source of the fumes was acid thrown out with the trash.
The scene has been cleaned up and the acid sent out for incineration.