NJ TRANSIT TRAIN CRASH: Latest | Transit Changes | Video | Photos | NJ TRANSIT | 1010 WINS | WCBS 880

Paladino Compares Islamic Center Design To WTC

NEW YORK (WCBS 880) – With Election Day less than one week away, New York Republican (and Tea Party) gubernatorial nominee Carl Paladino has plenty to say.

Paladino spoke with WCBS Newsradio 880 afternoon drive anchor Steve Scott for the daily “Eye on Politics” segment.

LISTEN: Steve Scott with Carl Paladino

Paladino, who is 20 points behind Democrat Andrew Cuomo, according to a recent Quinnipiac University poll, spoke on a variety of topics.

Here are some highlights.

ON HIS OPPOSITION TO PLANNED ISLAMIC CENTER NEAR GROUND ZERO:

I heard early on that the name was “Cordoba Initiative.” I don’t think they expected this issue to become so big that some one might actually inquire as to what Cordoba meant. In radical fundamentalism, that word alone means “conquest and triumph.” It’s a symbol, a code word among the fundamentalists. They tried to change the name after people became aware of it…obviously trying to hide their grand secret that this was a testament to conquering America. If you saw the design of the building, it’s a replica of the World Trade Center. This is an affront to all the families of those who died on 9/11. It’s an affront to all those soldiers that died and were maimed and fought in those two ensuing wars. It’s an affront to the American people.

ON HIS CHANCES HEADING TOWARD ELECTION DAY:

I think they’re very good. You don’t pay attention to the newspapers or the polls. They’re obviously skewed. A case in point is the primary. Two days before the primary, they had me down one-point. Two days later, I won by 27 points. So, you tell me what value these polls are.

IS HE MISUNDERSTOOD BY THE PUBLIC AND THE MEDIA?

I don’t think I’m misunderstood by the public. I think they see through it. The media? I can’t speak to them. They have a real big problem, and they should work on addressing it. I think in journalism school, they teach objectivity. That the press should be printing the facts on the front page. They can print editorials on the editorial page. But, that’s not what we see, is it? What we see today is the press coming out with opinions, unsubstantiated remarks coming from the other side, with lies and fabrications and exaggerations…and they don’t do justice to the public.

ON RUNNING FOR GOVERNOR:

I’m not a politician. I’m an outsider. I’m not polished. I’m not politically correct. I seek nothing for myself. I’m not motivated by money. I’m not motivated by power. I don’t need a praise or a pat on the pack. I have no ego to fulfill. I’m doing this for the people. And, yes…this is the first and time I’m running for public office right now. And, being my first time around, I’m gonna stumble…I’m gonna fall. I’m human, like any one else. I will make mistakes. But, once I learn from those mistakes, I won’t make them again. That’s the learning process. So for me, what I’m doing right now is, I’m doing the best I can…to give the people of New York hope.

WCBS 880’s Peter Haskell on the ‘Hard Hat Pledge’

Election Day is Tuesday, November 2, 2010.

RELATED: More WCBS 880 Eye on Politics

More from Steve Scott
Comments

1. AHKMED says:

STOP DEMONIZING US, YOU INFIDELS!
    WE WILL __KILL__ YOU!
    ALLAH IS MERCIFUL!

VOTE FOR CUOMO!
    OR WE WILL __KILL__ YOU!!!!!

2. Proud Agnostic says:

To the masochists voting for cuomo:Don’t complain about taxes ,tolls ,crime ,busness as usual in Albany etc.,etc.,etc…………

3. jfk says:

How dare you say Carl is “ugly”. First of all he isn’t. Are you the type that falls for looks and lies like a crook. You apparently don’t recognize a good honest dedicated person when you see one.
    Cuomo pulled up to the debate and waited for his driver to open his car door, then waited for him to open the door to the building, He can’t and won’t even open a door so, HOW MANY DOORS DO YOU THINK HE WILL OPEN FOR YOU. I feel sorry for people like you, you are so easily fooled. Don’t let Cuomo insult your intelligence, get smart. I have said this before but it bears repeating.

4. jfk says:

5. Nick says:

I will vote for Cuomo. Anyone who single handedly hosed over the entire country can be expected to hose you NY libturds royally. And you libturds deserves to be “helped” by an elitist dumbacrat like Cuomo.

Cuomo was in charge of HUD. HUD mandated FNMA and FHLMC to do all those crazy exotic loans. You know, the mortgage loans that caused this economic mess right now? Oh forgot, libturds have so little memory cells, they forget anything that happened beyond last week.

6. Carl P says:

Steve…you are a liberal moron., and not a Tea Party person at all …the closest thing to tea party is your innate ability to be Tea Bagged.

7. joe k says:

Don’t ever confuse logic, a politician running for office and the American electorate. The 3 can’t really go together.

8. Moz says:

How can anybody say they are for lowering the deficit if they are for keeping the Bush tax cuts for the rich intact? That alone will add almost a trillion dollars to the deficit within a decade.

9. Steve says:

I cannot say that all of the Tea Party is bad. In fact, “I am with them” when it comes to reigning in government spending and lower taxes.
    However, Paladino (aside from being “physically ugly”) has an even uglier, twisted personality. Was he even here on 9/11? Is he saying that all Muslims are extremists? This guy is an imbecile.
    Therefore, “attention, racist elements in Tea Party” – you, Paladino, Beck, Palin – kindly keep your FUTURE TIMOTHY MCVEIGHS OUT of New York City!

Comments are closed.