College Football: Casey’s Call On The Heisman
By Casey Keefe
» More Columns
1. Cam Newton, QB, Auburn: (1,573 pass yards – 15 TD’s – 5 INT’s – 1,122 rush yards – 14 TD’s) – Newton can do it all on the football field. He’s the definition of a dual-threat quarterback and is the reason why Auburn is undefeated. He will either win or lose the Heisman on November 26th against Alabama.
2. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon: (1,210 rush yards – 14 TD’s) – So much attention is paid to James by defenses, but he is impossible to slow down. He’s averaging an outstanding 7.1 yards per carry and is coming of his best game of the year against USC – 239 yards, 3 TD’s.
3. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State: (1,865 pass yards – 18 TD’s – 2 INT’s) – Say what you want about Moore, but all the guy does is win. He’s having another phenomenal season for the Broncos and remains the most clutch quarterback in all of college football.
4. John Clay, RB, Wisconsin: (887 rush yards – 13 TD’s) – I’m one of Clay’s biggest fans. I think he’s a tremendous running back who has the perfect blend of strength and speed. He will be a big time back at the next level. The Badgers are having a great season and Clay’s the biggest reason why.
5. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford: (1,920 pass yards – 20 TD’s – 6 INT’s – 345 rush yards – 3 TD’s) – Stanford has been flying under the radar and so has their star quarterback. But Luck is the best pure quarterback in the game and is just about a one-man show for the Cardinal offense.
Check back on Friday for my preview of all the best games of the weekend.
Questions? Comments? Email me: email@example.com
Also, be sure to follow me on Twitter: @CaseyKeefeWFAN