NYC Medical Student Disappears Without Trace

Aimee Angle-Zahn Was Supposed To Fly Out Of LaGuardia

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — Police are searching for a mom and medical student who suddenly vanished somewhere between her high-rise in Midtown and LaGuardia Airport.

Aimee Angle-Zahn’s mysterious disappearance has her family praying and hoping for the best.

A luxury building on Sixth Avenue off 37th Street is where Angle-Zahn had lived until Thursday, when her parents say the 34-year-old woman disappeared.

“She might be 34 and have delivered babies and all of these other things, but she’s my baby,” mother Debbie Quinn told CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman. “Any my granddaughter needs a momma.”

Angle-Zahn was a Cornell medical student, but she took a leave before her fourth year, her parents said, because of a recurrence of seizures she had first experienced years earlier in college. And she left New York to live with her family outside Detroit. But her friend and neighbor from medical school, Dakotah Lane, said she came back to New York in September to resume her studies.

“She was just going to finish up her fourth year. And, she, you know … something happened. I’m really sad to see her … missing,” Lane said.

Part of what happened seems to be that the owner of an apartment in the building on Sixth Avenue where Angle-Zahn was living told her she had two weeks to get out because she owed $650.

Randy Williams, the owner, confirmed that to Guzman by phone. Her parents arranged for her to fly back from LaGuardia to the Detroit area Friday, staying first at a hotel near the airport Thursday night. The problem was she never made it to the hotel. Her father, Al Angle, flew in and went to the hotel, to the high-rise on Sixth and talked to the police. He tracked down friends like Lane.

Guzman asked him about having to fly back home with an empty feeling because his daughter is still missing.

“Very frustrating. I’m feeling like what can I do now? The best thing I can do is be with my wife and try to make contacts from home,” Angle said.

Comments

1. larson says:

AIMEE WAS FOUND TWO DAYS AGO IN A YMCA. THE POLICE SAID SHE DID NOT REQUIRE ANY MEDICAL TREATMENT. APPARENTLY, ACCORDING TO POLICE THERE WAS CONFUSION WITH AIMEE AND HER PARENTS AS SHE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE A COLLECT PHONE CALL. AIMEE SUFFERS FROM BIPOLAR DISORDER.

2. GV says:

This is irrelevant to this sad story, but if you ignorant people didnt know this is just a script of what is said on the TV news by the anchors, not an actual story in the newspaper.

3. jill says:

I read on a facebook group page at midnight EST, that Aimee Angle was found at a YMCA in NYC. Thank you for publishing her photo even if the story wasn’t the most flattering, using her mother’s words that way, it got the word out and that was all they wanted.

1. jill says:

OOPS! Let me say that THIS story was fine, others had listed Aimee as ‘absent minded’ and ‘clueless’. The good news her picture circulated and she was found!

2. jill says:

oops. Actually, THIS story is fine. Others wrote that Aimee was “absent-minded” and “clueless”. It’s just good you put her photo out there and she was found, that is all that matters.

4. Kate says:

I’m amazed to see people take time out of their day to criticize the writing of a story on Yahoo. Are you trying to get people fired in this economy? Don’t you believe in karma? People have less and less empathy today, less and less compassion. It’s a dark society and your hearts are dark. Look to yourself.

5. cajun Cleary says:

If CBS is looking for professional writers, I am available. Anyone can report the news, but writing the news requires at least a pinch of talent, eh?

6. Michael mures says:

Who wrote this report? A fifth grader?

1. RandomTandem says:

lol@a fifth grader.

I feel bad for her family! Especially her mom.

btw what kind of high rise apartment only costs $650! and who gets kicked out over $650. smh

2. Gus says:

I think that is a good point. The more educated reader can also play a part in keeping an eye-out for someone who’s missing. I know I am often put-off by poorly written articles; especially online where one can’t know what to believe. A well written missing persons report gets more attention and also reflects good credit and great veracity upon the news outfit that hired the writer to compose such an important piece. I also feel more underqualified people with no work ethic SHOULD be fired. There is someone more concerned about the impact of good writing who needs a job.

7. Jason Sharke says:

I have a feeling that Mr. Williams is going to be involved in the resolution to this story.

1. RandomTandem says:

williams probably did something to her to get her out of the apartment and keep her stuff. creep!

8. Colleen says:

This report is poorly written.

Comments are closed.