Police Arrest L.I. Purse Snatching Suspect

DEERPARK, N.Y. (WCBS 880) – Police have arrested the suspect in the serial purse snatching incidents plaguing five different Long Island communities.

Ernesto Suarez, of Central Islip, is now in custody after crashing the stolen car he was driving into a utility pole during a police pursuit, WCBS 880’s Mike Xirinachs reports.

LISTEN: WCBS 880’s Mike Xirinachs reports

Police believe he’s the one who stole at least 15 purses from unsuspecting women over the last three weeks. He’s facing multiple counts of grand larceny and robbery, unlawful fleeing and possession of a stolen vehicle.

Police said his arrest became possible when his last alleged victim was able to give police the license number of the vehicle he was operating.

More from Mike Xirinachs
Comments

1. maria says:

Omg Erney how can you do this to us. You promised not to go back to useing drugs and you did what about me and your son why didint you just get help if you was going to use again know what know i have to go to the jail with our son to go see you .thats not right to us.

1. jana says:

who said you have to go upto the jail to see him?

2. Joefam says:

Madwhite……he’s American.

3. Mary says:

Dat be one ugly mofo !!!!!

1. JOHN DOE says:

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT

4. FOXXYONE says:

THATS WHY HE COULD NOT TAKE CARE OF HIS BABY CUZ HE WAZ OUT ROBBING PEOPLE THATS NOT COOL ERNEY AKA ERNSTO YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD CHANGE AFTER DOING 8 YEARS IN JAIL BUT I GUESS THE DRUGS GO YOU ON LOCK DOWN THIS MESSAGE IS FROM YOU BABY MOM….SAD STORY

1. John Doe says:

You’re one to talk Foxy, as I hear it, you are living with a Jamaican drug dealer, and the reason he didn’t provide for his seed is cause you weren’t letting him see his daughter, which caused his downward spiral, so don’t go throwing rocks at glass houses when YOU are part to blame.

1. WERE YOUR NOT says:

I AINT TO BLAME NOTHING HE JUST DIDINT WANT TO BE PART OF HER A MAN THAT LOVES THERE KIDS WILL DO WHAT EVA IT TAKES TO SEE THEM AND DRUGS AINT THE WAY TO GO BRO….I GAVE HIM IS CHANCE I AINT TELL HIM TO STOP CALLING OR COMIN TO HER HER THE DRUGS DID LOL

2. JD says:

Am sorry but You are one to blame. I was there when he had several conversations with you and each time he wanted to see his girl it was turned around about how it would cause probs with your man. Maybe he didnt provide for his girl, but again you NEVER made it easy….and for you to choose this forum to demean him is BS, but what else could I expect from someone with how many kids from how many fathers…I thought so…Merry X-mas.

2. Joefam says:

AFTER 8 YEARS HE DID CHANGE. HE TRIED FOR A YEAR TO MAKE IT RIGHT. YOU DIDN’T MAKE IT EASY FOR HIM EITHER. THE SYSTEM KEPT HIM LOCKED DOWN OUTSIDE OF PRISON. HE IS TO BLAME FOR RELAPSING AGAIN, BUT THE SYSTEM DIDN’T HELP. OH AND YOU HAVE HOW MANY KIDS WITH HOW MANY FATHERS?

1. WERE YOUR NOT says:

OK SO MUCH U NO HE WAS GETTING HIGH BE FOR HE GOT OUT OF JAIL LOL WHAT U THINK THEY DONT HAVE DRUGS IN JAIL DO SOME RESEARCH ABOUT JAIL…AND YEA I HAVE ALOT OF KIDS AND I HAVE 3 BBD BUT GUESS WHAT THEY ALL TAKE CARE OF THERE KIDS BUT HIM. I HAVE NO COMPLAINS ABOUT THAT…MERRY CHRISTMAS ERNY AND HAPPY NEW YEARS LOL…

5. MADWHITE says:

I THINK AMNESTY AND THE ‘ DREAM ACT ‘ IS A VERY VERY BAD IDEA
    FOR THIS NATION. WE DON’T HAVE TO LOOK LIKE CALCUTTA BEFORE
    WE ARE DEEMED OVER POPULATED.

6. MADWHITE says:

i THINK AMNESTY AND THE ‘DREAM ACT’ IS A VERY VERY BAD IDEA.
    THIS COUNTRY DOESN’T HAVE TO LOOK LIKE CALCUTTA BEFORE
    WE ARE DEEMED OVER POPULATED.

7. aldous huxley says:

Check out Ernesto’s photo … he’s already well into planning his great escape … there’s genius in those eyes😛

8. eddie says:

I doubt that anyone could stay awake to hear your stories.

1. Mic frinzy says:

Dont doubt it because you did and so did everyone els who posted a comment.

9. esther teitelbaum says:

oh dear, it took the cops long enough. i could tell you so many stories about the suffolk county police, but i won’t. but let me tell you, if i could tell you the stories, you would certainly raise an eyebrow after hearing them.

Comments are closed.