Feds Warn Of Possible Holiday Poison Attacks At Hotels

Rep. King: Threats Not Specific; All Americans Must Be Vigilant

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — American intelligence officials are gearing up for the possibility of a Christmas terror attack from al Qaeda. CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer has learned there is confirmed intelligence that terrorists would like to disrupt our holiday season.

Al Qaeda-linked terrorists have tried to ruin our Christmas holidays before and they apparently want to try again this year. Intelligence officials have been put on alert for another attempted terror attack some place in the United States timed to the holidays.

“There is intelligence about possible attacks in the United States so our security people are extremely alert. They’re looking. Precautions are being taken. This is a dangerous time of the year,” Rep. Peter King, R-Long Island, told Kramer.

Congressman King also told Kramer an intelligence alert went out last week to hotel and restaurant executives about the possible use of poisons by terrorists.

Of particular concern are Ricin and Cyanide that could be slipped into salad bars and buffets.

Kramer asked King, the incoming chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, what the government is doing to safeguard the country. Though he couldn’t be specific, he offered his assurances that law enforcement officials are doing every think they can to thwart any possible plot.

Kramer: “You said steps have been taken?”

King: “Yeah that I can’t go into. What I can tell you is that various levels of federal government in conjunction with state and local police are increasing surveillance, are looking at areas where we think there could be some cause for concern.”

Last Christmas terrorist Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab unsuccessfully tried to explode a bomb in his underwear on a Northwest flight as it neared Detroit. In 2001, shoe bomber Richard Reid was taken off a Paris-to-Miami flight after he tried to ignite a shoe bomb. And while King said there is no specific threat to New York City, he also noted it is a prime terror target — with 11 attempted attacks and two successful ones.

“We have to be aware and alert for everything, whether its subways, planes, buses tunnels, landmarks, infrastructure. We have to be constantly on or guard and more so at this time of year because of the past and because of intelligence reports that are out there.”

Comments

1. McGarrett says:

This article reads like it was written by a 5th grader; it makes very little sense and has no redeeming value. I am gettting so fed up with the lousy quality of online news reporting, there is no accountability, everything comes out so fast that errors snowball from one article to the next. It is so clear that no one gets up from their desk and researches anything, its all gossip mongering and plagarism with no regard for quality or accuracy.

2. aldous huxley says:

this is DISGUSTING fear mongering !!!! 😦

be afraid of everything … be suspicious of everyone and everything😦

hopefully no one buys into this b.s.😦

1. AHKMED says:

WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS
      NO MUSLIMS HAVE EVER KILLED ANYONE
      ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE
      THE FEAR MONGERING DOGS SHOULD STOP THE LIES
      IF YOU INFIDEL AMERICANS DON’T STOP LYING
      WE WILL _KILL_ YOU
      ALLAH IS MERCIFUL

1. AHKMED says:

AND WHY DOES CBS CENSOR THIS MESSAGE OF PEACE? I KNOW CBS WANTS TO BE FRIENDS WITH EVERYONE. SO WHY?

3. Mary C. Morse says:

Although I found this article contained the information I had hoped to learn after reading the article caption, I was shocked at the lack of professionalism from a journalistic perspective. I can certainly appreciate that this story was published only a few minutes before I read it, I was distracted by two glaring errors in the text- and here I sit in a dark car reading the paragraphs on my phone..,
    It appears to me that this site publishes items without the benefit of proofing or editing; if this is not the case, I feel certain that in this time of high unemployment it would not be so difficult to find an editor capable of spending the few minutes it would take to produce a polished piece. I feel it is important to keep in mind that we now have generations of readers who are accessing news via the internet. Incorrect or poorly written items reflect badly on the source, reporter and publisher and send a message that basic writing skills are optional in modern journalism. This is not the sort of notion I think our future generations need to become accustomed to…
    I am not a journalist or editor, though I have held positions in the private sector wherein I was responsible for the finished content of the communications I generated, as so many of us are. As this was the first time I recall accessing a link to a news story via this provider, my disappointment in the quality of what I read has become more emphatic than the impact of the information I sought. I find this unacceptable and unfortunately, becoming increasingly the “norm” in publishing as it appears on the web. I can surely overlook such attention to detail when written in blogs, chat logs or personal e-mail by non-professionals in an informal venue, but my expectations from a news source are higher… Writing, spelling and grammar are tools with which the generators of these posts should have more than a passing acquaintance. I do hope this piece is not indicative of the greater volume of the stories through Yahoo news; if my hope is dashed, I will not be looking here to read news in the future. For now, no- I have no desire to subscribe until I further gauge the editorial quality. If a subordinate of mine published something as rough as this, clearly without even a cursory re-read, we’d be having a little chat in the office together..!

4. DanTe says:

FACT: Everywhere where there are mu-Slimes, sh-!t happens.

China — sh-!t happens
    (suicide bombers that kill little children and run amok with metal pipes in the streets)

India — sh-!t happens
    (mu-slimes burned 100s of hindus alive in packed trains and burned villagers alive while they slept)

Middle East — sh-!t happens
    (suicide bombers that kill little children)

Russia — sh-!t happens
    (suicide bombers that kill women and children in crowded theaters)

South East Asia — sh-!t happens
    (mu-slime thugs who kidnap teachers, school children, nurses, priests for ransom, than murder them all)

Europe — sh-!t happens
    (suicide bombers that kill little children)

USA — 9/11 happened

Goes to reason, no mu-slimes, no sh-!t.
    All these camel turds understand is violence and lies anyway. I say we oblige them by killing them all and than lie about how sorry we are.

Islam. It’s a disease. And like any other infestations of boils, pox and pestilence, it should be eradicated. You don’t talk to diseases. You eradicate them like you did polio and small pox.

And some bleeding heart imbecile here will post that it’s just a few “radical” individuals that are murderous, just like any other society. But than conveniently forgetting about the Fact that it happens worldwide and by a LOT MORE than just a few individuals. And they also continues to blank out of their empty heads the worldwide mu-slime jubilee celebrations as people burned on 9/11.

1. Nick says:

very true! well written. Thanks! Now let’s hope people open their eyes and see these facts.

Comments are closed.