Faulty Feeder Causes S.I. Boro Hall Evacuation

NEW YORK (AP) — A smoky condition in the subbasement of the Staten Island Borough Hall has prompted an evacuation of the building.

There are no reports of injuries.

The fire department says a faulty feeder overheated in the subbasement Friday morning. That created a smoky condition that elevated levels of carbon monoxide.

The building was evacuated at 7:39 a.m. as a precaution.

The Staten Island Advance says Con Edison has disconnected the building’s electrical power.

(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. Captain Obvious says:

    Oh … now I understand … headline was misleading.

    See, I thought they meant the grain feeder malfunctioned and they would not be able to control the herd of cattle that work at Boro Hall.

Comments are closed.

More From CBS New York

BUY TICKETS NOW
Get Our Morning Briefs

Listen Live