Darrelle Revis: I Want Ochocinco On Jets

NEW YORK (WFAN) — We already know Darrelle Revis wants Antonio Cromartie back in green and white next season.

The Jets’ outspoken cornerback is now lobbying for New York to make a play for embattled Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco.

“I want Chad to come here and play for us, to be a Jet,” Revis told New York Metro. “I’ve been in his ear a lot about it this week.”

Revis thinks Ochocinco would be a good fit in Rex Ryan’s system.

“I think he could do well here,” said Revis. “I’ve been telling him to come here.”

Ochocinco and Terrell Owens said during an episode of “The T.Ocho Show” on the Versus cable network in January that they would love to play for Ryan, or someone like him.

“They will make it to this point every year,” Ochocinco said. “I’d do anything to play for someone like Rex Ryan or anyone who has that type of mentality.”

Owens, apparently also a Ryan fan, agreed.

“I’m jumping on that bandwagon, too” Owens said. “I was thinking the exact same thing, Chad.”

Ochocinco is still under contract with the Cincinnati Bengals, due to make $6 million next season. Owens will become a free agent when, or if, a new collective bargaining agreement is reached.

Ochocinco has talked about changing his name several times, the most recent being in January.

Leading up to a game against the Jets during the 2009 season, he insisted that he would change his name back to Johnson if Revis shut him down.

Ocho failed to catch a pass, but kept his name.

Would you like to see  Ocho on the Jets? Sound off in the comments below…

(TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

pixy Darrelle Revis: I Want Ochocinco On Jets

1. KAMAR ABIOLA says:

2. joec says:

That’s the problem Giant fan. Your more worried about the J..E..T..S.. being better than you ,when you should be worried about your boys being in the bottom 3rd of the league. O but we’ll have a chance to see who is better when they meet next year. I hope Eli watched his brother take it on the chin by our Defence.

1. Edward says:

joec, did the Jets win the Super Bowl or did the Packers? You bragged like the Jets are this great team, well, they’re not. As I remember, Peyton smacked the Jets last year in the Championship & against that so call best defense in the league, that a joke that was. Peyton was unstoppable. In this year’s game Peyton walked of the field winning the game, the Colts defense gave the game to the Jets. Eli has a ring, how many does Sad Sack Sanchez have? Imaginary rings don’t count.

1. Larry Smith says:

you sound like a complete moron Edward. Sanchez is a 2nd year QB who has been in the AFC championship game two times, and would have made it to the Super bowl with out HORRIBLE goal line play call this year. So go rethink this, and remember your a fan of a team that was 10-6, and threw the ENTIRE season away on one PUNT RETURN. Ok big guy?

3. Joey S. says:

I’ll take him if he lives up to his deal and changes his name back to Chad Johnson. He didn’t just get shut down once by Revis, he got shut down in consecutive weeks!

4. Vincent R Barone says:

LMAO ur such a HATER James.u should get your mess of a team in order before u get to comment on my team pal!!!..If they get TO,along with Holmes,WOW what a tag team that would be,And if TO gets in Sanchez’s face Im pretty sure Mangold will snap his neck,cause thats the Franchise & u dont mess with that.Listen im not a real fan of his tactics,but hes still got something left in the tank.and he’ll be super motivated to prove all the “experts” wrong again!.. JETS nees to get a pass rusher NOW !!! & if NE wants to get rid of Welker,,Im sure REX would love him on his team..

5. James B. says:

As a Giants fan, this would be great news! The Jets would never make the Super Bowl!

Comments are closed.